Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Turkey Day

This morning it was back to quilting. As a donation, I am finishing a quilt for a church. The top belonged to a member who had passed. It was a treasure for me to do, because I got to get close up and personal with the fabulous fifties prints. I got some great photos of the prints and some great inspiration in the bargain. I was able to get it bound, as well as quilting and binding yesterday's top.

I spent some quality time with my iPhone, learning to use the Lose It! app. Like all things Apple, it's very cool to operate and easy to figure out. Leann has been very successful with her weight loss program, and this has helped her track. Time for me join her and daughter-in-law Michelle. I am so used to WW Points system, counting calories is almost new to me. So actually, I am tracking both ways to see how they compare.

Tonight I had Turkey Dinner. Well, actually, I had turkeys join me for dinner. I caught some movement while I was eating, and saw the flock grazing just below the deck. The youths have grown considerably, and they were led by a big Tom this time. Does Dad take over when they get older? There was just one mom with one very small one as well. It was fun watching them scratch the ground, stirring up seeds from the dry grass. Then they finished up around the back of the house in a Turkey Trot.




Today's best....Turkey Dinner: Turkey Taco Salad with Turkeys for guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment