Sunday, September 13, 2009

New Nursery

We checked out a new plant nursery today, nice country setting, great place. Plant nurseries are hubby's quilt shop, and we did not leave empty handed. Roses and citrus trees--we'll see how it goes.

Quilted yesterday's Get Strippy. Then played around designing some new little packs and quilts. The only thing I have to show so far is a new 6 Fat Pack.







I did throw a quick border, using some of Grandma Pam's stash, on a charity quilt top I had made out of scraps who knows when. It looks like I used the block from Take 5 by The Teacher's Pet. I just made it scrappy and changed the sizes of the pieces. The small squares are 5" cut, the big square 9 1/2", and the rectangle 5"x 9 1/2". Those are the sizes I am playing with a lot lately. And they will work from 10" layer cake squares or our Baby Cake 11"x 22" or my new Blooms 12"x 22". I have loads of these pieces around--will have to do this again.










Today's best....buying more roses for the "Villa".

No comments:

Post a Comment