Monday, September 21, 2009

The day after

Unpacking is the order of the day after. Got most of it put away, updating inventory on the website along the way. Boy and dog arrived home this afternoon, after a long weekend of cabin activity.

I pulled another 6 pack from the Garden Party fabric, thinking I might start a 5 and Dime with it.






To feel like I actually got something done, I bound 2 oldies. The little old 1800's looking one is a special quilt by Grandma Pam, with fabric combos only she can accomplish. I'm putting it up for sale, for you Pam Howland collectors.

















Then I pulled out a bag for charity quilts, another kit prepped by Susan. This little Nap Time quilt is usually strips that are all the same 3 fabrics. It takes 5 sets, made from 2 1/2" strips. I made 2 batches of 5 sets each, because that was what was in the bag. I am thinking I will use both in 2 quilts, rather than each in a quilt. The recuts are 6 1/2", 6 from each set, for a total of 30 for one quilt of the same 3 fabrics. A fourth fabric is added next, which will be another installment.





Today's best....unpacking less than I packed on Friday--thank you PPQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment