Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Another Hot Day

Just a day of web work, quilting, unpacking, sewing. It's hot again, so spending time outside was just not appealing.

Got to quilt a friend's wallhanging, one she sent with the cabin couriers (her husband to my husband).






Then I pulled out this half quilted scrapper, and got it completely finished. It is simply a Just Can't Cut It, using up odds and ends. I even found the heart fabric that was in it while looking for something else, and it was just the right amount to bind.






The Nap Time quilt tops got done. I found at least 3 different ways the blocks could be pieced and laid out. I thought the way I chose gave it the most scrambled look, which I wanted since I was using scrappy cross pieces ( made from old binding scraps). For borders I was forced to use anything I could find that was not too feminine and had the right colors. I really don't have much in the way of primary colors, and I think these will be boy quilts--so this is as good as it gets.








Today's best....talking to the kids in Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment