Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bolt over

Hadn't planned to spend much time in the hot workroom, but when I walked out there to quilt this morning, I discovered a shelf that had crashed last night. The small plastic shelves that hold the bolts right now are not strong enough--always knew it, but hoped I could make do. So I spent the first half day restacking and rebuilding. But it at least inspired me to cut up 6 packs and Little Bloom packs of the Pop Garden line to lighten the load.

Decided not to go off the hill in the heat, so I worked on packs, photos, and the binding quota. There's an old baby charity quilt, a purple quilt that was at one time going to be a jacket, and Grandma Pam's lovely large quilt.
I finished, or thought I had, the top from the Floragraphix 6 pack. The plan was a basic Chinese Coins type of columns quilt. Now I am thinking it needs a top and bottom border, to elongate the quilt, and float the patchwork. I do love how the Jason Yenter's border fabric cuts up, and how it just dances, even in the simplest of settings like this. And the colors are absolutely gorgeous.











The hunters broke camp a day early and came home tonight--nothing moving in this heat. They will go back up the mountain midweek, and by then the weather should change.

Today's best....the lovely purples in the Floragraphix.

No comments:

Post a Comment