Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Quilt, bind, sew



A perfect weather day, perfect to raise the roll-up doors, and quilt, quilt, quilt--which I did. Quilted the little baby star, friend Debi's quilt that I've had for a year, and a little stray made from leftover blocks.

This little yellow and blue quilt was blocks left from a watercolor Irish Chain. I cut them into triangles, added triangles cut from a print that I liked with it (what's not to like--it's an Amy Butler). I like the effect, and it's got a lot of depth now that it's finished.
I got 3 bound, so I could start sewing another. I wanted to try the Little Baby Star in a larger size, to maximize use of the fat quarter. I succeeded using the fat quarter, and the quilt is bigger, but I am not sure I like it any better than our original. Plus, in the smaller size, I was able to make the binding with the 6th fat quarter and scraps. For the bigger size, I now have to find a binding fabric.And, once again, Grandma Pam's stash to the rescue. I found 2 backs and 2 bindings to finish the day's projects.

Today's best....finishing Debi's quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment