Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Leann

Today Evan's little sister turned 24. Oh my gosh--my baby is 24--it just can't be. She will be celebrating with friends on a nice rainy day in Austin.

I celebrated by making up a pattern I bought on my birthday a month ago--it's the way quilter's think. My favorite stop was Prairie Point Junction in Cozad NE, where I bought a couple fun and fast patterns from Julie. This one is Get Strippy With It and uses 8 Fat Quarters with some additional accent fabrics. I pulled some Garden Party for the occasion--it's a bright, end of summer, colorful group.




Totally fast and fun. I'll have the patterns, packs and kits up on the website shortly.










Got one charity quilt quilted. And the best thing happened--I think I finally came up a rose design for a logo while I was doing some very loose and fast freehanding. Now to digitize it so I can use the image.










Hubby was out this morning doing his nature explorations on a local refuge, but I had fauna visit me right here at home while I worked. She was grazing just outside my quilting workroom window.










Today's best....celebrating with my daughter--got to talk to her on the phone while she bought her gift from us at the Apple store--hint: it's very small and purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment