Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Driving away

The front yard had a little different look this morning. It became the staging area for the driveway paving crew. The first half of the driveway slopes up quite a bit, so the civil engineer decided it needed to be paved. He got to supervise the action from his office window and hold the anxious dog at bay.Meanwhile, I got to stay out of the way by quilting Eileen's 3rd great quilt, this from Quilts in the Sun again. I think this is my favorite. I'm afraid the sunny room washed out the colors in this photo--they are especially rich. Actually, the enlargement looks pretty good. And Eileen, it really looks great on my cherrywood bed--hint, hint.


The rest of the day was spent in the great senior housing search. I saw some 70's mobile homes with fixtures to make some of you shabby/retro chic fans swoon.

Today's best....cruising up the smooth driveway and not spitting gravel.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete