Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Arbor Day

Because we don't have enough trees, the gardener is planting his first of many more trees. See the fall color on this red oak?






On this stunningly warm and sunny late November day, we also had another critter sighting--the great spotted sun squirrel.




The light and shadows have been so wonderful to watch around here, after a single dreary day Sunday, I can't seem to take myself away from simply watching out my windows or sitting on the sun on the deck. I've also felt the need to make a dent in the cleaning up and finding places for the heaps of stuff I have around here. I succeeded in getting rid of some piles and organizing some others, and feel I like a weight has been lifted. Plus, we can now at least accommodate one guest in the guest room.

As always, I still find time to quilt and sew. First, another variation on Patty Cakes using scraps of a decorator chintz and scrappy lights. This takes about an hour to sew--makes you feel like you really accomplished something.





Then, the Hawaiian Take 5, Scrap 5--where I subbed for my 5"squares and 5"x9 1/2" and 9 1/2" squares. While looking for something else, I came across a collection of Hawaiian print squares that I bought cheap online, and have used for other quilts. I added anything else I had that looked Hawaiian, African or just leafy to the mix. It came out busy and kooky--my kind of quilt.











Today's best....almost hot sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment