Friday, August 21, 2009

We're finally home long enough together to be able to get out to the movies. We saw Harry Potter, a family favorite. A cool movie is a great thing to do on a late, hot afternoon.

Last night I pulled out a UFO--a Bargello strata. I sewed the background on, cut it apart, and resewed the pieces. Today I found some scraps for a border, put it on, then loaded it on the machine.

An old one done, I got to try out something new. I did a 3rd variation on the blocks and spacers. This one is with a 6 Fat pack, plus spacer fabric. And in this take, I put a sashing strip between the rows. These wonderful diagonal stripes make great sashing. It's a bit green, but I love it.

Today's best....the Harry Potter movie with my husband--and the kids in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment