Saturday, August 22, 2009

More quilting, more piecing, more sunsets

It looks like I am an in a rut here. I quilted two little quilts this morning before it got too hot in the garage workroom--one old project, one new. Later tonight when it cooled down, one more old one--progress at least.










I pulled out a UFO bag, and dumped out the contents on my machine. It looks like an old class sample project of Mom's--the 30's repro's are not my bag. I dug out some white on white print to add to it, finished the blocks, and finished a top.











Then I could start something new. I decided to do the 4th variation on the spacer pieces. This time it is a Bloom Pack of Kaffe Orange, with Orange dot spacers, and Diagonal Stripe Sashing. It sewed up fast, fast, fast, and is it ever orange--and pink. Oh well, it was fun to do and it will be showy.












Boy and Dog spent the day working the land.








Tonight's sunset had it all. Gorgeous color, city lights showing, and a piece of a moon. I don't think my camera is capable of capturing it, but it was something.


Today's best....not starting either car to go anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment