Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Home Again

After a short drive home (only 400 miles today), I get to blog from my deck and watch the sunset. California gold in California's Gold Country.... Oh, what's that animal reflected in the pond? It's a buck grazing near waters edge--his silhouette, antlers and all, caught my eye as I sit here. In these first weeks in the new house, we are amazed by all that we are seeing--the skies, trees, grasses, and critters. We still can't believe we found this place.


I came home to a present from my husband in my sewing room---my light fixture! We quilters, and especially those of us over a certain age (we won't say which certain age), know how important good lighting is. He put in the exact same fixture I had in the old house, including the same blindingly bright light tubes. I love it. The dark wood ceiling fan didn't do shabby chic and it certainly didn't give me enough light to sew by.

I did stop in Reno on the way home--haven't quilt shopped there in a very long time. There are 2 shops that are must stops anytime you are in town. Windy Moon has been a perennial favorite for many years with its many fabric departments, displays, and kit offerings.

I went to Going Batty for the first time at their location way south on Virginia St. WOW!--some kind of wonderland walking in. In their industrial type building--the tall, tall ceilings give a modern museum look to the quilts hanging there. The displays and fixtures are scrumptious and so easy to browse, I think I forgot to buy something while I was there. I'll be back for sure. Their fabric collections include many of my favorite looks--when I am more settled and know what I might need, they will have it.




Today's best....Back home, back on the deck with a California Sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment