Monday, August 10, 2009

Goodbye Minnesota


I had to hit the road after a tearful goodby to the babes in Minnesota. Awfully hard to leave faces like this.

It took a while to leave the Minneapolis area since I had to do my own little mini-tour on the Quilt Minnesota Shop Hop. It made me very late on my day's drive, but was totally worth it. I went to 3 great shops--Blue Bamboo in Plymouth, The Sampler in Chanhassen, and Eagle Creek Quilt Shop in Shakopee. They all had wonderful fabric collections and inspirational samples.

I also caught a couple fun shops in old downtown buildings in Iowa--Prairie Rose Quilts in Jewell and Quilting Connection in Ames.

So, I got into my motel in mid-Nebraska pretty late--paid for my day's fun. At least Highway 80 was just me and the trucks.


Today's best....Eagle Creek Quilt Shop. What could be better than a quilt shop housed in an old train depot--it was fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment