Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fresh Air Sunday

The weather cooled off--what a treat to leave the house open all day, and to be able to use the workroom anytime today with roll-up doors wide open. I quilted 3 small quilts, one new, two old. Then I needed to catch up with a little binding. I did 4 small ones--now they're all ready to put in the antique mall to sell.

While looking for fabric for binding and backs, I came across some a UFO bag with some 30's repro Bricks and Blocks. This is a little baby quilt pattern we got from a McCall's magazine years ago. The original was with 2 1/2"x 4 1/2" bricks (with 2 1/2" background square blocks). It was made with 100 bricks, 5 rows wide, 20 tall, with a 4 1/2" border. I've also done it with 3 1/2"x6 1/2" bricks using a little Bloom Pack(10 12"x22"). Today's rescued project was 3" x 5 1/2" bricks--a lot of the pieces were from binding scraps. To get the same size before borders, 30"x 40", as the original, I only needed 64 bricks--much quicker, with 4 rows of 16 bricks.


Today's best....fresh air and perfect weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment