Saturday, October 3, 2009

Six today


Someone in our family turned 6 today. His parents hired a sitter for baby sister, and took him out for a special day all his own--brilliant. They went to Mall of America. Specifically, Lego Land and the Bodies exhibit. A great time was had, and we love this six year old as much as the old five year old.



I went on a Home Tour today. It was a great opportunity for me to see other neighborhoods in our new county. We found our perfect place so fast, we really didn't explore too many other areas. Not that anything I saw today was in our league. I don't think many of today's 7 homes were valued less than $1M. The organization that did the tour picked a very nice mix of styles--a remodeled 1850 home in downtown NC, a new Craftsman, an artists studio/modern inlaw quarters, a new Georgian, and some lovely traditional custom built and remodeled homes. All set in our lovely Sierra pines. I saw great decks, gardens, and views--all very California. My house seemed a little plain when I got home--but I got over it. My sunset would beat any of theirs any day, and tonight was a stunner.

Today's best....talking to the new 6 year old Austin.

No comments:

Post a Comment