Sunday, October 11, 2009

Houston or bust--Day 1

I thought I might never say it, but I-5 through the San Joaquin Valley isn't all that bad compared to my trips through Nevada. Google Maps is spot on with their time estimates. I was able to plan to get to Blythe, California state line, and darned if it didn't take exactly what they said. My reserved motel room was waiting and I even caught a local fast food Chinese still open that sure beat the MacD's next door.

My poor little loaded down car handled beautifully. I was able to tune into 3 baseball playoff games for most of the trip. The lights in the Palm Desert are beautiful on a clear desert evening. Traffic to and through LA wasn't bad. So all in all, a good day on the road.

Today's best....catching most of the baseball games while driving--sorry, Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment