Saturday, October 24, 2009

Make a Difference Day

Houston Festival was fabulous, and the trip home was good, especially the visit with Daughter in Austin and Auntie in Laguna Niguel. A day to unpack and update the sold-out merchandise on the website, and now it is time to sew.

I had a great place to start--joining the Valley Quilt Guild's Make a Difference Day. What a wonderful day it was. The gang there put together a fabulous sewing set up in a vacant storefront downtown Yuba City. Quilts were hanging everywhere, plenty of sewing stations, and snack support from local eateries. Much was accomplished by all.











For me it was a perfect opportunity to get to know people in my new area and jump start my quilting again. I don't think I've sewn for more than 3 weeks. At least I haven't forgotten how. I did 4 tops in the afternoon sewing session. Two were from kits friend Susan had made for me, two were from the Pam Cakes slices I brought (5 drawers worth). And then I couldn't stop when I got home this evening, and did another one from a kit--grand total 5 tops. Whew, I feel better.
I've come home to perfectly warm Fall weather. Since I've been away from it, I can smell the pines on the property. While I was away, we had our first campers--Pam and Rick stopped by on the last day of a trip through Oregon and beyond.
Today's best....sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment