Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Two and Two and more

I got the binding on my 2 ugly fabric challenge quilts for the Turlock Guild small group--used the Urban Chic pattern.  I planned it so that all of the fabric would be used up--didn't want any of this lying around.  I went into project leftover bags to find fabrics that already went together.  The Urban Chic pattern uses 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" pieces for the centers, so it was easy to cut from leftovers.  The Kaffe was leftovers from a Paper Roses quilt, which uses 7 1/2" strips--perfect for this project.  Oh, the ugly fabric is the goldy, background fabric.

Two more Haiti Just Can't Cut It's are here too--just can't beat them for quick and fun.
And back to finishing old projects, I quilted this Lightning Quarters Throw that I had bordered and made into a twin.  It was a favorite with these watery colored shadings.

No comments:

Post a Comment