Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Haiti or Bust

Obsessing with getting quilts done to send to Haiti, I haven't done much of anything else.  PT had 2 extra sew days on Sunday and Monday.  They had a great turnout and dozens of quilts were finished.    I spent my usual time in the closet--getting borders, back and bindings--and getting into more trouble designing and playing with fabric.  Tonight at the Guild meeting I turned in 15 finished--all that I had started since Jan.22.  And there are many more in various stages.  Not all turned in today were suitably bright for the Haiti kids, so I'll want to concentrate on more of that in the next 2 weeks. 

I have photos of all, but not all are terribly exciting.  These are just a couple of my favorites.  The Just Can't Cut It with 6 pieced blocks goes extremely fast. It uses up 4 1/2" and 6 1/2" strips of fabrics, and there were a lot of theme fabrics that just had the 25" needed for the big squares.



The other is our Marguerite's Frame Up that has been used a lot in the Turlock area over the years in the large throw/small bed size.  I will need to write it up for this small size.  It is just the right thing for a feature print like this horse one here. 




BUSTED! Lots of fabric from the PT closet, although it never looks like it.  I really did use up a lot of small pieces of fabric, as well as the larger themes and backs.

Today's best....the Pine Tree Quilt Guild meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment