Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Rainy Work Day

Yesterday was, well, Monday--even in "retirement" they still happen, where nothing quite goes right and you feel like you get nothing done.


With the pouring rain again today, it was perfect for getting things done.  Finished an old quilt top--a mystery quilt I had designed years ago.  So the old top and binding fabric used up--BUSTED!



I finished 2 donation quilts.  This first is one that I made from a box of 50's fabric triangles--pretty homely ones at that.  I put a feedsack border, and even used up some vintage fabric in the stash for binding and back.  Everything in this quilt used up--BUSTED!





This other is another from the 6" squares pile.  I made the center one row longer than the first one, and added a 6" border.  It finished 55"x 66"--very nice size for something this fast.  From Grandma Pam's stash, I used some back fabric.  And the border and binding, also from her stash, completely used up.  BUSTED! 


Today's best....watching it rain and getting quilts done.

No comments:

Post a Comment