Thursday, January 21, 2010

Community Service...Nevada County Style

I spent most of the day participating in a sew day with the Community Service gang from the Pine Tree Quilt Guild.  At a lovely Church facility in the pines--it was a perfect place to be on a winter day.  A lot was going on--cutting, sewing, designing from the huge closet full of fabric.

I love doing this kind of thing.  I brought some of my own projects--Susan kits--and got 2 1/2 little tops sewn.  Many quilts were ready for quilting, so I took a bunch home--already did 2 of them tonight.  And I raided a basket of purples--got some designing to do--my own personal challenge.

It was my kind of day--lots of sewing, much accomplished, and met new people.  After a lousy day yesterday, waiting in Drs. offices, losing power, and other aggravations--today was a perfect antidote.

Finished up 2 of the 6" squares projects, and have more in progress.
 
Today's best....sewing in the pines.


No comments:

Post a Comment