Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Raining Quilts

It's been nothing but cold and rain here, so nothing to do but quilt---and quilt I did.  Totally inspired by the storage closet at the Community Quilters of the PTQG, I quilted 12 for them.  And I worked on the quilts I had started from my own kits, plus my 6" squares, plus started working from the pile of purple fabric that I took home.

A workshop was going on at the facility today, so I delivered the quilted quilts and picked up BBBB (Borders, Bindings, Batting, Backs) from the PT storage closet.  The Community Quilters have also committed to helping Project Linus reach their goal of 10,000 blankies for Haiti.  So, oh boy--another obsession for me.  Being afflicted with Quilter's ADD, I could not just pick out the backs and borders I came for.  While digging through the fabric baskets, cheery fabric combos just kept jumping out at me and I had to adopt them and take them home.

Today I quilted and bound these three.  This first one is 4 Patches from the 6" squares pile--earthy tones.  The border is from Grandma Pam's stash, back and batting from PT.







This is mostly blue 4 Patches.  Since I only had 12 blocks, I used anything close to blue and made a last round of random squares.  BBBB all from PT's closet.

The Big Fat Star is from the purple pile that I raided last week.  All fabric is from the closet--most of the pieces are used up.  See, I am help them with stash busting, too.






BUSTED!...2 border pieces from Grandma Pams,  many 6" squares, and lots from the PT closet.

Today's best....going back into the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment