Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sometimes even the experts fall down!


Today after six years of accident-free quilting, i let one of our quilting machines bite me in the finger. What a wakeup call! Bruised appendage and bruised ego, I quickly rushed to the bathroom to wash up and cry for a quick second. Don't worry ladies, the quilt is safe. : )

Today is my best friend Alex's birthday. I'm cheap with my quilts- I rarely share them! But she's one of the most influential people in my life and I really love her. So last nite I set out to make something special for her.

Alex is the kind of person that if you're at the supermarket and you're thirty cents short, she'll be behind you with the change in her hand. She mentors two young girls from her church and is the president of her college's Amnesty International club. She really wants to go to Africa someday. So I took some fabric from Ghana that was given to me by another friend, mixed in some green and red batiks I had in my stash, then set forth to raid what we had at the shop. Presto! Kaffe came to mind and before long a quilt was being made that fit Alex's philanthropic personality mixed with her awesome sense of style!

Just so you know, I am an artist, and not a craftsman. That being said, all of my blocks are different sizes! But the fact of the matter is, I'm on my way to making a rockin quilt!

1 comment:

  1. Love the quilt, so far! Show us the finished work of art!!!!!!!
    Laurie~

    ReplyDelete