Saturday, October 25, 2008

QUILT MARKET IS AMAZING!!!!

Wow! I have never been so happy with so little sleep! Bright eyes and bushy tails, we have been so busy the past couple of days getting ready for the show!

Oh yeah, did I mention that our rental car is a Dodge Charger?!
I KNOW!!!


Thursday morning consisted of leaving at 3:45 am for San Francisco. I slept in the car on the way and slept a little on the plane, totalling my nite's sleep to a whopping 5 hours! Once we got in Austin we set to work putting the finishing touches on our pattern covers and last minute touches for our booth.

Friday was awesome, in the very last moment possible we scored this awesome tea cart that looked great with our designs. Antiques are our love, and we stopped at any excuse to shop! The find of the day? 5 MINT CONDITION, original New Kids on the Block dolls!!!! Every member was there and all of their accessories are intact! I couldn't believe my eyes. I am already the talk of my social circle- jealousy is rearing its ugly head!

our pinktastic tea cart!

she looks like she lost her religion : )

doesn't this look like a french painting???

he's so lovely!

I have decided that every antique shop needs mannequins. I had so much fun posing with the mannequins and taking their photos. This was an exceptional shop, really well designed and HUGE! I love the way they color-coordinated their displays- the robin's egg blue is pretty incredible. The jewelry displays were like treasure chests!

buried treasure!!!

tiffany blue.....(sigh!)

I have an affinity for vintage hats and I couldn't help myself. When I found this noir-esque little beauty, I just had to strike a fierce pose.









I thought this one was a kick too!!




So we drove three hours to Houston on Friday, set up most of our booth, panicked a little bit, slept nothing, and now we're here! Things just really keep falling into place and we've gotten such great reviews! A really special thanks needs to go out to Laurie Taylor Designs, she photographed our covers and she's just really special...if you haven't checked her out yet, click the link on our page. We love how our booth turned out, it's pink and girly and awesome!

in our own little corner
our booth neighbors Soak

So the coolest part so far about market?







MEETING THE CELEBRITIES!!! Here's me with Anna Maria Horner, Kaffe Fasset, Valori Wells, and Jay McCarroll from Project Runway! AHHHHHHH! I did meet Amy Butler too but no picture yet, I have to wait till I wear my Amy tunic! I cried like I had won an Oscar when I met Amy. I mean, when I was 18 years old and really getting into quilting she was just this huge influence on me and she really made me think that a young gal like me could do anything I want if I put my heart and mind to it.

All the designers are really nice, Anna Maria was soo easy to talk to. I actually recognized Valori as she was walking around from booth to booth. Jay was awesome! So fun to hang out with, I felt like we had been friends my whole life, you know?


just another day at work hanging out with Jay!

I can't believe how great this has turned out, not only are we selling out patterns but we are hanging out with quilt royalty!!

Tomorrow I will have my Amy pics!!

1 comment:

  1. Whooohoooooooo!
    I'm so excited for you amazing ladies! What a time you've had at market! Maybe next time I'll accompany you!
    Hugs,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete