Monday, October 20, 2008

Autumn Greetings, Market, Quilts, Quilts, Quilts!!

The leaves are falling, the summer is over, and now starts the fall rebirth. Rusty orange and red leaves are everywhere, taunting me, begging me to rake them up and jump on into the pile!

With the colors of the trees influencing us, we are seeing some great fall pieces. I'm loving the robins egg, rust, butter rum, olive and other colors.....delicious.

This Thursday we'll be on our way to the Market show in Houston, Texas. Woo-hoo! I can't wait to hop a plane. I think I'm more excited about the flight than I am about the show.....the first time I rode an airplane I was 18 years old. I couldn't believe I had missed out on this exciting travel opportunity my whole life. Now all I can think about is how long it will take me to travel the world.

But back to Market.....oh, man! We're so excited to be able to have this opportunity this year to showcase some of the amazing patterns we've come up with. Once the show is over we will be releasing the patterns for the public to buy. The shop has been painstakingly cutting kits, designing last-minute kits, sewing bindings, packing, putting the last touches on our pattern covers.....and quilting your quilts!! Whew!

Looking back on the beginning of this year, I didn't realize how much we have really been doing. Our website is getting bigger by the day. We even launched an etsy site to sell off our samples. We've never seen more beautiful quilts come thru our doors or out of our own hands! Designers like Kaffe Fasset, Anna Maria Horner, Amy Butler, and Anna Griffin have really influenced us and we have been consumed with designing patterns using their gorgeous fabrics. We really can't wait until you can buy them and use them yourself!

Something I've been asking myself lately is if I define myself by what I do for a living. I am a quilter. Quilting is in my heart. But does it make me who I am? Part of me says yes. Part of me knows that in my heart of hearts, if I weren't quilting I would still be me. Then I simply slap myself and think, "stop thinking! more quilting!"

Well, back to work. Your quilts are calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment