Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Coastal Quilting

I just got back from the Summer Quilt Festival in Long Beach.  Once again, we had fun with bundles, batiks being the highlights this time.  And I got to show off the RoseCards.  I ran into old friends, and made new ones, including my next door neighbors at Oilcloth by the Yard

After the show, on Monday I stopped at 2 fabric warehouses to restock batiks--Hoffman Fabrics and Anthology Fabrics.  Both also gave me some of their new batiks to design RoseCard patterns with!  Am I excited, or what!  Off I ran up to Morro Bay to the beach design studio, also known as Dorothy's house.  Here is everything spread out on the table, ready to stir up these creative juices.

So, with this view of the ocean, on a perfect day, I got in plenty of sketching and figuring and sorting of fat quarter bundles.  As much as I hate to leave this idyllic setting, I can't wait to go home and sew.

Today's best....California's Central Coast at its best.

No comments:

Post a Comment