Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Take Two


A little earth was moved at our place with a little earth mover. Husband hired a local to grade out some areas on the property where the orchard will be, cleaned and smoothed and banked around the pond, and created a garden area with rock wall. Pretty good for a day's work in our red dirt.

Meanwhile, tonight I celebrated Christmas again with the Valley Quilt Guild this time. They had a great table full of quilts to give to local organizations, especially babies and foster kids. I also got to vend again. How is that for timing--didn't even have to unload my car from last night.

I got so into the Christmas and quilting spirit, even though I got home late, I had to work on a Christmas strip project. I got a box of Christmas fabric strips from a friend, mostly 2 1/2", but some 3" and 3 1/2". I have been sewing the 2 1/2" together in pairs--180 of them into 90 pairs. This part has taken days. But tonight I actually made some blocks, and they are busy fun.The plan is to make some these Spin Rail blocks from 4 4 1/2" cuts, make a Rainbow Strippy using 17" of each pair, and then cut 6 1/2" from the remainder of the strip for a Chinese Coins. Let's see how it goes.

Today's best....the Valley Quilt Guild party and the stack of quilts for kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment