Friday, September 3, 2010

Designer on Duty

Grandma Pam is now moved closer to me, up in the woods in Nevada City.  I put her to work today helping me with another version of the quilt I made from Hoffman's Jasmine batik bundle.  This time it is Feedsack VI prints from Windham Fabrics--30's repro's are one of her specialties.  Windham gave me a bundle of the whole line so that I might design 5" strip patterns with them.

I think this pattern is perfect for them, and how completely different from the Batiks!  I still have some kinks to work out with the pattern, so here we go with Version 2.

The whole stack is 55 pieces--wow!  Great colors.  I asked her to pick 20 for this project--"no problem", and off she went to work (in her easy chair).  The bottom 2 rows are the chosen 20.

Once home, I got right to work cutting, sewing strip sets, and making blocks.  Over half of the blocks are done, just 2 hours later.  What a team!!

No comments:

Post a Comment