Thursday, September 16, 2010

Community Kits

Today was Community Service workday for the Pine Tree Guild.  I had cut several quilts, mostly the four patch Freedom.  I thought it was time to package them up with a pattern and hand them off to others in the guild to sew. I ended up with 15 kits, 12 of which have already been given out, thanks to one very enthusiastic member.  That 8 inch Four Patch works so well for using up stash fabrics--it can be cut from fat quarters or regular quarters.  We have so much of that size piece in our stashes and donated fabrics like this.  The little quilt only takes 6 pieces, or 12 for the throw size--which can include some duplicates.  When I pick for these from a donation stash, I usually go for color, sometimes with a theme or two.    Once, cut, they sew up in just an hour or so--very rewarding for everyone involved.  Can't wait to see them all back.

No comments:

Post a Comment