Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Sewing Basket

On the way to Austin this week, I stopped at a couple quilt shops.  Just north of Austin, I discovered a hidden treasure in plain sight---A Sewing Basket--in Salado TX--at 560 N. Main St.  One entrance is on the east frontage road--easy to see and get to. 

Walk inside, and it's just full of wonderful displays and fabric collections.  Owner Betty has kits and fat quarter packs all around to temp you.  As a traveler, I love having packs to buy.  I don't have to know exactly what I am going to make.  I simply like to pick up something I don't have or haven't seen--all to remind me of my visit.

The shop specializes in Cowboy fabric.  If you need cowboy themed fabric or kits--this is your source.  They also do a lot of shows--another chance to catch some goodies. This quilt is a Block of the Month program, Texas style.

Wednesday's best....shop hopping to A Sewing Basket.  And the first trip to Torchy's Tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment