Friday, December 31, 2010

UFO Busting Party with Pat Sloan

I am joining the UFO Busting Party on Pat Sloan's blog--patsloan.typepad.com.  As a professional quilt finisher, I should be able to do this.  I have plenty to work with--as a professional quilt starter, I have more than the average quilter's UFO's.  More than 30 years of making samples--for my shops, college classes, patterns.  I moved all this mess twice--once when I closed the store, and again when we moved.  I have finished a lot since "retiring".  But I have also started a lot with the new pattern business and with the Community Service quiltmaking for my 2 new guilds. 

Up here on the hillside at Villa Rosa, I can keep myself a bit isolated, so it is definitely time to try some online groups.  Now to figure out how to work with posting on forums and Facebook!  Meanwhile, I will post my activities here.  At least that will help with the New Year's resolution of posting more. 

So here we have just some of the UFO piles--the first 3 are the sewing room, the next 3 are in the workroom.  Messy as always, even more so since I have been making kits to clear out the Community Service fabrics I took home.  I am making progress, believe it or not.  It falls into the category--"it always gets worse before it gets better".


No comments:

Post a Comment