Friday, August 6, 2010

Fun with Batiks

Here are just some of the fun things I have been doing with the batiks these last few days.  First the quickie little Angel Face top with Anthology Fabrics.  It was very fast and looks very sweet.


















And then, the second Hoffman fat quarter bundle--Rose Hips.  I divided them into 7 light, 7 dark.   I paired a light and dark each, cut them into 8" squares, the diagonally into triangles.  It made 56 triangles, of which I used 48 so far.  Now, to decide how to maybe use the triangles in the border.  There are some leftover chunks of the fabrics, as well.

Some of the darks are not very dark, and some of the lights are darkish.  But I think this simply gives a faceted and more interesting look. The colors are scrumptious regardless.

The batiks are wonderful to sew with--so crisp, and they stick together just the right amount.  I will take some photos to show the cutting method I used for the triangles that was fast and solved the problem about which is the right side of the batiks. 

After laying out the triangles on the floor, I took a picture of it.  In case I scrambled blocks in the sewing process,  I had the photo on my camera screen to double check.  And check, I did--during and after each quadrant I sewed together.

Today's best....sewing on this wonderful group of batiks.

No comments:

Post a Comment