Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I'm Free!!--Retired!!--well, almost....

I have actually called it quits on machine quilting for hire. As of Saturday the 20th, I am nearly out of the shop. Cloth and Quilts, our great next door neighbor has taken over the location and 2 computer machines. They are already doing quilting jobs and starting to move in furniture and family--one of the partners has 5 kids, so they are quite literally moving in.

With the business so very big, I actually sold it in parts. One of my staff, Dea Oskerson, bought one machine. She has set up her own business, Dvine Quilters--doing fabulous freehand and computer quilting.

The rest of the staff has retired, or gone on to bigger and better things. Never easy, the transition has still been great, and I think everyone is doing what suits them best.

We had our traditional Christmas Chinese dinner with Grandma Pam tonight. Panda South did not disappoint--it was delicious. Just have to start the season and the retirement off right.

No comments:

Post a Comment